Monday, June 23, 2008

Spinach Chicken and a Meme..


Dear friend Sukanya had tagged me for a Meme and here I am with my answers:

1. Last movie u saw in a theater?
Dasavatharam

2. What book are u reading?
Just finished reading a lot of books for my certification. Taking a break from books for next few weeks ;)

3. Favorite board game?
Carrom, Chess.

4. Favorite magazine?
Readers’ Digest and Online Tamil magazines.

5. Favorite smells?
The fresh smell of Jasmine , the Seasoning aroma from my kitchen!

6. Favorite sounds?
My daughter’s voice over the phone.

7. Worst feeling in the world?
Seeing loved ones seriously sick.

8. What is the first thing you think of when u wake?
An excuse to sleep for a few more mins :)

9. Favorite fast food place?
McDonalds – Not only for food, but brings back some good memories.

10. Future child's name?
Will start thinking when I get one :)

11. Finish this statement—'If I had a lot of money I’d....’
...like to do two things:
1. Take a break from work and visit the beautiful places all around the world.
2. Visit the International Space Station and watch the earth spinning!


12. Do u drive fast?
I do, sometimes on the highway that I take to work everyday! But only when:
There’s no traffic and..
I’m in a good mood and..
My favorite song is playing in my car!
But trust me, I am a safe driver..


13. Do u sleep with a stuffed animal?
No! :)

14. Storms–cool or scary?
Storms are very scary for me, but also make me admire Mother Nature.

15. What was your first car?
The first car I started driving is BMW 325i

16. Favorite drink?
Jigarthanda, Kalkandu pal (both of these are street drinks in my hometown)

17. Finish this statement - If I had the time I would…
Catch up with all my good old friends..

18. Do you eat the stems on broccoli?
Yes, I love them especially in Chinese fried rice.

19. If you could dye your hair any other color, what would be your choice?
I would not dye my hair, I’m very happy with my healthy black hair :)

20. Name all the different cities/towns u have lived in?
Madurai, Surat, Trichy, Raleigh(NC), Dalton(MA), Seattle(WA), Schaumburg(IL).

21. Favorite sports to watch?
Cricket, Tennis, Pool.

22. One nice thing about the person who sent this to you?
Sukanya is a sweet friend whom I have known through blogging. She has a lovely blog and I enjoy reading all her great posts and recipes.

23. Whats under your bed?
My daughter’s hair clips.

24. Would u like to be born as yourself again?
If at all re-birth happens I want to be born only as myself. Known devil is better than unknown angel ;-)

25. Morning person or night owl?
Me, morning person?? No way!

26. Over easy or sunny side up?
Over easy.

27. Favorite place to relax?
There are many. But my best experience has been in Gimmelwald, Switzerland. All that was around our cottage was nothing but country side with snow-capped mountains and beautiful green landscapes! What a place to relax!

28. Favorite pie?
Apple pie.

29. Favorite ice cream flavor?
All flavors except Cherry.

30. Of all the people u have tagged, who is the most likely to respond first?
Don’t know! I’m sure everyone will be willing to respond, but it all depends on their schedule and time :)
Thanks for taking the time to read about me.... To know more about some of my friends I would like to tag:

Meeso - For the love of food
Anitha - Cakes By Anitha
Cham - Spice Club
Sireesha - Mom's Recipes

Have fun!

Now, the recipe.. This is one of those creative recipes that I learnt from mom. I can eat Spinach any way, and Spinach with Chicken is one interesting and healthy combination that I thoroughly enjoy. Ever since I tasted this chicken dish made by mom, its been in my "try and learn" list. This is the first time I'm making it, and came out yummy! I am also sending this for Vandana's Chicken - My favorite event.

Ingredients:
  • Spinach - 1 cup
  • Corrinader leaves - 1/2 cup
  • Cinnamon - 1 inch
  • Cloves - 3
  • Chicken - 2 lbs
  • Tomato - 3
  • Ginger- chopped - 1tbsp
  • Onion - 1
  • G.chillies - 6
  • Fennel powder - 1 tsp
  • Cumin powder - 1 tsp
  • Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
  • Corrinader powder - 1 tsp
  • Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Procedure:
  • Heat oil. Season with Cinnamon and Cloves.
  • Once they pop-up, add ginger, g.chillies and fry for a min.
  • Then add and fry onions for 2-3 mins.
  • Add chicken pieces (cut into 2 inch pieces) and fry for a few mins until they loose the pink color.
  • Add corrinader leaves, Spinach (washed and drained) and fry for 5 mins.
  • Add chopped tomatoes, all spice powders and salt and fry for a few more mins.
  • Cover and cook cook until the chicken is soft.
  • When the chicken is fully cooked, increase the heat and fry gently by continously scraping until the chicken turns into dark red or brown color.
Goes well with Rice/Rotis.

20 comments:

Cham said...

Love ur chicken looks so delicious... and meme too.. Thanks for tagging i will do it

Anonymous said...

It looks delicious! Its one of my fav curries. And it was nice to read your MeMe.

www.zaiqa.net

Finla said...

Nice meme and love the chicken.

ST said...

Nice to read ur meme.Thanks for tagging me, but i have already done it
check it out here:
http://momrecipies.blogspot.com/2008/06/1-last-movie-u-saw-in-theater-last.html

Kalai said...

The chicken looks so delicious!! Lovely recipe. :)

Medhaa said...

Lovely meme. The chicken recipe looks delicious.

Chef Jeena said...

Everytime I see the pictures of your cooked dishes I get very hungry!!! Spinach chicken sounds so good. It is so funny too because I have just updated with a spinach recipe as well. :-D

Great meme. :-)

Dori said...

It was great to read your meme and thanks for tagging me :) The Spinach Chicken sounds so good as I love spinach and chicken together... I will give this recipe a try soon!!!

Illatharasi said...

Hi Sujatha, me too first time to your blog:) Chicken looks too delicious..... Do visit me often:)

Unknown said...

Pairing spinach with chicken makes it more healthier..Nice entry Sujatha

Sum Raj said...

i just loved ur chicken dish with adding of spinach...nice colour and sidely healthy too..i too luv spinach anytime and my fav non veg chicken..so u can guess how i luv ur dish...

Sujatha said...

Hi Cham - Thanks for your comments :)

Hi Mona - thanks! and you have a great blog..

Hi Happy cook - thanks.. and have a great trip to India.

Hi Sireesha - I read your MeMe, nice one!

Sujatha said...

Hi Kalai - thanks for your comments!

Hi Medhaa - Thanks, and I loved your Sindhi recipes :)

Hi Jeena - Thanks for your sweet comments :)

Hi Meeso - You are welcome, Hope you have fun with your MeMe's. Looking forward to see them. Do try this chicken recipe, and let me know how it came out :)

Sujatha said...

Illatharasi - Nice name! Welcome to my blog and thanks for your comments :) I will sure have regular visits to your blog.. I love it.

Hi Divya - Thanks :)

Hi Suma - Welcome to my blog and thanks for your comments! I sure can see your liking.. Do try and let me know if you liked it!

Andhra Flavors said...

Nice meme and love the chicken.

Andhra Flavors said...

Nice meme and love the chicken.

Sailaja said...

great entry Sujatha. Very nice to read your meme. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Mansi said...

it was fun to read your meme! glad you loved my Tofu satay:) I'm drooling over your chicken even when I'm a veggie:) btw, pls try to participat ein my Healthy Cooking contest too if you can find some time:)

Sujatha said...

Hi Andhra Flavors - Thanks for your comments..

Hi Sailaja - You are welcome, and you have a nice site!

Hi Mansi - Thanks for pointing me to your Healthy Contest event.. Thats exciting... I will try participating for sure..

@the_whisk_affair said...

perfect entry! it was fun reading ur meme...i would like to visit switzerland someday too!!