Sometimes the easiest way to subside the cravings is to just make them at home just when you want it. Have been having a craving for Chicken 65 lately and there's just one restaurant in our neighborhood that offers this dish and its crowded most of the time. So, I decided to make this at home last weekend.
Boneless / Skinless Thighs - 1 lb
Ginger/Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Egg - 1
Vinegar or Lemon Juice - 2 tsp
Corn Flour - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Sliced Onions - 1/2 cup
G.chilly - 1 (sliced)
Curry leaves - a hand full
Yogurt - 2 tsp (Optional)
- Wash the chicken thoroughly and cut them into 2 inch pieces.
- In a wide bowl mix the chicken with all ingredients for marinade until its well mixed and set aside for at least an hour. I usually leave it in refrigerator for about an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the chicken pieces in batches in oil and place them on a bounty sheet to get rid of the extra oil.
- In the same pan, retain about 2 tsp hot oil. Add the onions, g.chillies and curry leaves and fry until the onions become crispy and golden brown.
- Add the yogurt and a pinch of salt and let it boil well until the yogurt thickens and blends well with onions.
- Add the fried chicken and give a quick toss for a min.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Enjoy this as appetizer/finger food or with Briyani!