- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ( 20 oz. ) can crushed pineapple, un-drained.
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Beat the eggs
- Combine flour, baking soda, sugar, add beaten eggs, crushed pineapple, and nutsand pour into a greased shallow pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes
- Add another 1/4 cup extra sugar but as mentioned above, sweatness for the cake comes from the pineapple.
- Do not bake it over 40 minutes. This helps maintain the juicyness for the cake.
- Use only crushed pineapple un-drained (with the juice in the can) and not chopped.
- Rest the cake overnight before for the best taste.
- Use Parchment Paper to lift this off easily.
- While you make it for the second time, you can get creative and add finely chopped dates, raisns and other nuts if you like them.