Believe it or not, I made this dish in just 15 mins! There is not much chopping and if we do some steps in parallel, this is a pretty quick one. The only time consuming part is peeling the tail off the shrimp, but I did it while the other ingredients were cooking. After a very long time, I cooked a shrimp dish in my kitchen. If you are Shrimp lover, here is one of the most flavorful Shrimp dishes for you.
- Medium sized Shrimp - 1 lb or about 12 pieces, peeled and deveined. I used frozen shrimp and it came out just fine.
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Garlic - 5 medium cloves
- G.chilly - 1
- Chopped Onions - 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves - a few
- Chopped Tomato - 1 medium
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Corriander powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Black Pepper corns - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1 inch
- Cloves - 4
- Cardamom - 2
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Corriander leaves - a hand full.
- Wash the Shrimp thoroughly and remove the tail portion, if present. Set aside.
- Grind the ginger, garlic, g.chilly, a few curry leaves, black pepper corn, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom to the a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, add chopped onions and curry leaves. Fry until the onions change color.
- Add tomatoes and fry for a few mins until it loses shape.
- Add the ground paste, turmeric, chilli powder and corriander powder, salt and 1/2 cup water and cook for a few mins until it thickens and oil starts separating.
- Add Shrimp and mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp water cover for 5 mins in low heat. Shrimp takes just a few mins to cook.
- Remove the lid and cook for the a few more mins in medium heat until it reaches a thick consistency.
- Garnish with corriander leaves.
Excellent side dish for any kind of rice or chapathis.