This is one of my favorite quick and easy stir-fry dishes. Broccoli is a vegetable I started liking only recently as this was not a common vegetable in India when I was growing up. However, once I started trying dishes with this healthy vegetable, I started using it more and more in my dishes. This is one such combo I tried just like that and it came out quite well. Hope you all like it too.
- Cabbage - 1 cup (Chopped)
- Broccoli - 1/2 cup (Grated - The trick is to grate the Broccoli so the flavor is distinct).
- Onions - 1 medium
- Garlic - 2
- G. chillies - 2
- Mustard leaves - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Crushed Peppercorn - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - a few
- Shredded coconut - 2 tbsp
- Finely chop the onions and g.chillies. Crush the garlic and set aside.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan, season with mustard seeds and Urad dal.
- Add asafoetida, g.chillies and garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and curry leaves and fry for 2 mins until onion changes color.
- Add the chopped cabbage and grated broccoli and stir fry for a min.
- Add salt, 1/4 cup water and salt and cover in low heat until the vegetables are fully cooked.
- Increase heat and fry gently until all the water evaporates.
- Finally add coconut and mix well.