Wow, I haven't posted anything for a week! Am I becoming lazy? I hope not... With weather being so good for the past few days, its becoming a habit for me to stay outside in the evenings for a prolonged time which makes me tired after dinner. Summer is for such a short time in my place and I want to exploit it as much as possible. I absolutely cook, but just no time to post them. I do have a lot of recipes to post and will surely catch up in the next few days..
After nursing my coffee for about 45 mins this morning, I thought of doing a simple express breakfast and then followed by an elaborated lunch! When we're not having friends over for lunch or dinner, my cooking turns out to be a relaxed one as I don't have to multi-task and rush in my cooking. Sometimes I think that the best way to relax in a weekend is to hook-up my I-pod and engross in the kitchen for a few hours! During those times I am in my own world enjoying both my favorites - Music and Cooking! In fact, I've had some of my best outcomes while cooking this way..
While pondering my refregirator today, I saw lots of tomatoes waiting for some attention.. I bought a bulk of them last week in farmer's market thinking of making some tomato thokku (pickle), but as usual kept postponing it.. So, before they get ruined I had to make something good with tomatoes... and I found this fabulous breakfast dish from my recipe book that mom had written for me 10 years ago. I had forgotten about this delight altogether, and after seeing it , I remembered how much I used to love it as a child and I realized that I had not eaten it for almost 8 years! This is an awesome dish that can be made instantly with simple ingredients. I hope you love it as much as I do. I am sending this to Raaga's WBB - Express Breakfasts Event .
Before I post the recipe, I want to thank my good friend Uma, who is been so nice in passing me the "Yummy Blog Award". Thanks Uma, for thinking about me and this means a lot to me!
"Yummy blog award is the award given to the blog with most yummy recipes/photos”
As a rule for the receiver of this award, I have to quote my favorite yummy-licious dessert(s) that I have ever prepared/eaten! So, here is my list :)
1. CoconutMilk Caramel Pudding - I tasted this in a potluck and I just loved it! I have no idea about the recipe, and still in the lookout for the recipe, So if someone is familiar about this dish, please do post the recipe :)
2. Paruppu Payasam (My all time favorite dessert)
I will soon pass this award to my dear fellow bloggers.. Stay tuned :)
Alright, here is the recipe for Tomato Uthappam:
- Tomato Juice - 1 cup (I make it fresh)
- Gram Flour (Kadalai Mavu/Besan) - 1/2 cup
- Rava - 1/2 cup
- Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
- G.Chillies - 2
- Onions (Minced finely) - 1/4 cup
- Corriander leaves (chopped finely) - a handful
- Mix all of them fully until you reach a uthappam batter consistency. You can add water if required, but shouldn't be too watery.
- Rub oil in a hot pan, pour 3 tbsp of batter and spread it gently to a small circle.
- Add oil on top and around the uthappam. Let it cook fully on one side on medium heat (usually takes 3 - 4 mins).
- Turn to the other side and cook for 2 more mins. Repeat with remaining batter.
Serve hot with Chutney.