Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Home-made Mushroom Soup!

I have been in a mood to make soups lately! My craving for soups increases in winter. I haven't tried fresh home-made soups in a long time.. and just the thought of making a home-made soup from scratch sounded interesting! Y'day, during a regular phone chat with my mother-in-law,I heard about this soup recipe! She is a great cook and I've learnt a lot of tips from her. This mushroom soup sounded very easy, yet tasty!
This evening I shopped some mushrooms on my way from work and started preparing it right after I entered home.. it turned out great... indeed yummy!. Give it a shot!

Ingredients:

1. Mushrooms - 1 lb
2. Potato - 1 medium sized (boiled)
3. Onions - 1 medium (very finely chopped)
4. G.Chilly - 1
5. Milk - 1 cup
6. Vegetable Stock - 3 cups (You can also substitute with water)
7. Butter - 1 tbsp

Procedure:

1. Grind half of the chopped mushrooms, boiled potatoes & green chilly along with some veg stock to a coarse paste.
2. Heat the butter in a pan and fry the onions until golden brown.
3. Add the rest of the chopped mushrooms and fry for a few mins.
4. Now add the paste, veg stock, salt & milk and let it boil.
5. Simmer the soup for 10 mins.

Serve hot in a cup after sprinkling some black pepper powder.

No comments: