This is a quick and easy tiffin. An ideal one when I run out of vegetables or not in a mood for a big cooking..
1. Rava - 1 cup
2. Onions - 1 medium
3. G.Chillies - 4
4. Ginger - 1 inch piece
5. Green peas - 1/2 cup
6. Tomatoes - 2 medium
7. Tomato puree - 2 tbsp
8. Cashews - 10
9. Mustard, Ulutham paruppu (Urad dal) - 1 tsp each
10. Curry leaves & Corriander leaves - a few.
1. Roast the Rava in medium heat until you smell the roasted flavor and set aside.
2. Heat ghee/oil in a pan, season with mustard seeds, ulutham paruppu & cashews.
3. Add onions, g.chillies, curry leaves and grated ginger and fry for a few mins.
4. Add Green peas, tomatoes and the tomato puree and fry for a few mins.
5. Add 2 cups water and salt and let it boil. Lower the heat for 5 mins or until the tomatoes and peas are cooked well.
6. Now slowly add the rava while stirring the mixture to avoid lumps.
7. Cover it for 2 mins in low heat.
8. Finally add corriander leaves, a tsp of ghee and mix gently. Immediately remove from heat.
Goes well with coconut chutney.