This egg recipe is hot, spicy and full of flavour! The main ingredient is the black pepper powder and gives a very good taste.. a bit of chettinad style..
My favorite egg recipe and learnt this from my mom.. She makes a similar one with chicken too.. both dishes are equally good and are very authentic..
- Eggs - 6
- Onions - 1 medium
- Tomato - 1 medium
- Ginger/Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Corriander Powder - 2 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 6 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Boil the eggs, cut them into half and set aside.
- Heat oil in pan, season with Mustard, fennel and cumin seeds.
- Add onions, ginger garlic paste and fry for a few mins..
- Add half of the pepper powder, turmeric, corriander powder and chilli powder and fry with the onions for a few mins.
- Then add tomoatoes and fry until the tomato becomes a paste.
- Add 1/2 cup water, salt and cover it for a few mins in low heat.
- When the onions are well cooked, add the egs and mix gently..
- Add the remaining pepper powder and fry until the egg mixture becomes dry.